Masked Strangers
Another year in practice has come and gone!
8 years in the field today and we are in the midst of a pandemic, lol.
What more can a nurse ask for, right?
Every year I truly hope this day will continue to remind me of what being a nurse really means.
Last year it was a hard reminder.
This year is sadly no different - another patient, another death.
No matter how short a time I've known or nursed them, it still hit where it hurts.
It doesn't matter that it was because of COVID, it matters because his family couldn't be with him in his last hours, it matters because we can only hope we've done our very best for him.
In his honour, I wrote a poem - for him and for us.
Happy 8th work-anniversary to me, I guess.
A. xx
Comments
Post a Comment